Monday, October 4, 2010

The Travel Nazi


Sometimes I travel a lot for work and that should have made me a master packer but I actually attribute my ability to pack a simple bag for travel to a friend. we’ll simply refer to as the Travel Nazi. First let me tell you I come from a family of heinous over packers. In reality we stand in our closets and vacillate but instead of making a decision, we just pack half of ever thing we own. Then add another  bag for shoes (It could snow in Hawaii and I’ll be glad I took my snow boats!).
Well the first time I went camping with friends I was told about the travel Nazi.  I was told I could only bring one bag and I complied. Ok sooo my one bag was the size of the trunk of the car. It was all in one bag I'm doing good. My friend who picked me up laughed at me as she drove me to the Travel Nazis house.  This is where every one was meeting to regroup and hit the road.  (Now it’s been 5 years and the Travel Nazi still gives me a hard time for this moment.) She looked at me, looked at my bag, and went "Are you serious?" I was but I just averted my eyes because hers just about jumped out of there sockets. She walked away and came back with a bag about the size of a brown grocery bag and said. "If it fit’s in here you can take it!" Nothing eles she just left in the foyer to work though a life time of issues and bad home training. Well I got it together and I’m still the butt of a few jokes but I am now a master packer. So here are some tips so you’re never called out in the Travel Nazis foyer:
  1. Pick a theme color
  2. Jeans- dress them up dress them down and 2 pair will work for 5 days
  3. 1 dress that does not wrinkle
  4. Shoes 1 pair walking, 1 pair simple cute (good for walking or dancing)
  5. 5 tee’s
  6. 1 sweater
  7. 1 hoodie or jacket
  8. The necessary under garment
Your good on clothes pick up some trial sized personal hygiene products and be out. It you forgot something you needed buy it and call it a trip souvenir. Enjoy your self!

No comments:

Post a Comment