Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The simple gourmet


Growing up cooking was a major part of my childhood. I can’t remember learning to cook any more then I could remember taking my first steps. It’s possible that I was cooking first. However I have several friends that seem amazed by my culinary abilities. Last night one of my girls called me a fancy eater. She stated that I never cook simple. I think I cook simple I try to eat mostly veggies myself. After watching Oprah and reading the Michael Pollan books I eat meat like a small side. I just get board with the same thing over and over. I love Steak and I avoid chicken it makes me sleepy. I eat a lot duck. I use duck to season things. So I thought I share one of my simple dishes and let you the reader decide.

Steak-

 
Ingrediance :
1 T-bone
2 Tlbs Soy Sauce (I like La Choy)
1/2 teaspoon butter
Fresh sliced Mushrooms
1 Med Onion
Your favorite steak seasoning
Pre heat oven on broil. Using a heavy skillet melt butter and soy sauce add steak, season with your favorite seasonings (I use cayenne, garlic powder, and some sort of for steak mix). Season both side of the meat add the sliced mushrooms (how ever many you’ll eat) and slice the onion bit sized and add to your liking,
Cook till the meat is cooked to your liking .


It turns out really good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment